Construction managers spend significant amount of time in looking for the ways to complete the construction projects on time while reducing the cost wherever possible. To determine the rate of any particular item and then using it to reduce the direct or indirect costs is major requirement in construction projects.
Communicating with project participants is also vital and it is practice of smart project managers but through rate analysis they are now able to cut down the cost and get the instant glance over specific construction project.
According to Wikipedia, “Cost–benefit analysis (CBA), sometimes called benefit costs analysis (BCA), is a systematic approach to estimate the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives.”
To reduce the costs or budget for the project, rate analysis of civil works excel template is now available for free of cot. It ensures systematic process for calculating and you are able to observe if certain decision for the project is cost beneficial or not! Comparing construction projects of different sizes and basic and detailed analysis for them is another benefit of this template.
How to calculate rate analysis of civil works?
When carrying out this process, rate analysis of each component comprises of:
- Material cost
- Labor cost
- Rates of the items
- Delivery or supply cost
- Contractors profit
Format of Rate Analysis of Civil Works Excel Template
Before going ahead you can now have a look at the format and design of the sheet. Here are the key components of the template listed:
- Start entering the general data.
- Enter the project name, item, work done item date and description.
- Now enter the detail
- Go through the details again.
Rate Analysis for a Material
You are able to analyze the cost of the material for the project using a specific table in the template.
- The table for this parts consists of serial no, description and unit.
- Enter the serial number the description of the material and number of units required.
- Now fill the columns with headings quantity. It consists of actual, wastage and total.
- Now enter the rate and amount for the material. Gross will be auto calculated by the template.
- Don’t insert with this column as formula is used here.
Rate Analysis for Labor and other
Rate analysis for civil works is incomplete without these tables.
- There tables are added separately in the template.
- Add all the components for labor and other in the same manner like in the first template.
Rate Analysis for Overheads
This table is helpful for construction managers as they are able to see the overheads cost for the construction project and able to reduce them as well.
Unit rate/ unit is now available at the end. It is available in Rs. However you can select the currency according to your requirements.